Wednesday 6 June 2012

Batu Caves, Imbi Market

My first full day in KL and I went to the Batu Caves north of the city, a place  full of monkeys and also a religious shrine.

Before that I went to the Merdeka Stadium (Independence Stadium) which is not remarkable really apart from the fact the Muhammad Ali fought there in the 1970s in his last fight before the Thrilla in Manila.

While also nearby Chinatown was a local temple.

After that I went to Imbi market, and hid from the rain.

Later I went to Menara KL which is a big tower in KL giving a great view of the Petronas Towers and the rest of KL. You can go up higher in Menara KL than in the two towers.

At night the Petronas Towers are lit up and from a nearby park you can get great views.
No need to queue for hours to go into the towers themselves really.

As you will see I picked up a lot of food during the day too...






One end of the main Chinatown street

Roti Canai - Indian Bread served with a little sauce

Random KL shot

Batu Caves


















Very sweet  Indian sweets


Imbi Market


Chopping up the cow head


Time for a Ramly Burger - popular on the street in Malaysia


Blurry Fish head soup




Menara KL


Petronas Towers

Steamboat food - lots of seafood on sticks

A few small crabs, a giant prawn, another fish on a stick...

Some little octopus, and I forget what else
Finally a video of the monkeys at the Batu Caves (the video is on its side and I don't know how to rotate it, oh well)