Saturday 16 June 2012

A final few hours in Malaysia


Today was my last day in Malaysia with an evening/night flight to catch. 

I took a late morning train from Ipoh to KL and visited a large modern and decorative Chinese temple that over looked the city as well as taking a stroll through Little India. To my surprise the temple sold beer. 

The temple Thean Hou - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thean_Hou_Temple - combines elements of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism - but I don't know what element the beer longs to though! 

KL is a great place to shop, there are several massive shopping centres in the city which I had only passed through fleetingly until now as a way to get from A to B. However today I spent a couple of hours in the Mid Valley Megamall and fed my face with some Malaysian/Regional food.  

Back to KL


Little India - see Bombay Point across the street - full of loud music and Indians







Alcohol on sale at a temple....




Ice Kachang at Mid Valley Megamall, KL.
The green stuff is cendol, there are also peanuts and sweetcorn in it. 

In the centre of the shopping centre was a huge mickey mouse display...


















Think curry-doughnut 

Sticky rice 


Popiah is a southeast Asian spring roll